Toll Free Number

1800 671 806

Moving Tips

Home / Moving Tips



While AFRA Removalists take the utmost care with your possessions, accidents do happen and that is why insurance is always a wise option when moving house.  As part of membership qualification, AFRA members must have public liability insurance, third party property, motor vehicle insurance and carrier's legal liability insurance.

Your removal company should be able to arrange moving insurance that is designed specifically to cover household goods being moved from one house to another, including any periods of storage.

You must ensure your removalist is properly qualified to offer you insurance.  Since the passing of the Financial Services Reform Act (FSRA), it is illegal for any non-qualified person to give you financial advice or sell you a financial product.

Your qualified removalist will be able to offer you a Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and a Financial Services Guide (FSG) and answer any questions you have concerning the insurance of your goods whilst in transit, that means between houses.

If a removalist is unable to do this, they may not be qualified to sell you insurance.

If in doubt about your insurance option, contact us.





Major Associate Members

This website is PROUDLY sponsored
by CEVA Logistics
Driver Advantage